Monday 14 May 2012

#11: Home Sweet Home

I am very sorry that I haven't been able to update my blog for the past few days. This is because I have been away from home and haven't had access to the computer. I hope you will forgive me by accepting my latest Magical Moment: the sweet feeling of arriving home after a trip, journey, or adventure.

This weekend, my mother, father, and I went on a mini vacation where I also participated in a competition. It was a great experience. I went swimming, we ate a lot, relaxed, went shopping, and did many fun things. Even though at the end of the three days, it seemed like I was leaving our hotel room- my new home- I was actually coming back to my real home. When we opened the front door and stepped inside the walls of our house, I knew that there was no place like home.

I can remember a few years back when my family and I went to Mexico for two weeks. After the two weeks of sunshine, we came home. I can remember pulling up in the driving, and stepping into snow that went up to my thighs. They say that home is where the heart is and I can really say that I was glad to be home.

There are so many stories, both real life and fantasy, that show that there is no place like home. The Wizard of Oz for one. Or when soldiers come home from war. One of my favorite songs is Coming Home by Diddy-Dirty Money featuring Skylar Grey. Listen to the first thirty seconds of the song... It speaks for itself.

These coming home moments are magical because it warms your heart and makes you feel like no other place will!

1 comment:

  1. We are glad that you are come back and so your daily blog posts.
    Waiting for more posts.
    :---)

    ReplyDelete