Sunday 22 April 2012

#1: Cookies Fresh From the Oven

Have you ever tried this delicacy? When the sweet, aromatic scent fills the air, my mouth starts watering! Cookies are best fresh because they are soft, warm, and full of ooey-gooey yumminess. Pair them with a glass of milk and you are on your way to paradise. Mmmmm.

I think that the chocolate chip cookie is one of the best cookies to eat when it is fresh. The chocolate melts in the oven and when you bite into the cookie, strands of heavenly goodness burst from the bite. I am making myself hungry.

I'm interested to know what you think! Do you know any fabulous cookie recipes that when prepared taste best eaten fresh? 

Today at home my grandmother made Grandma's Cookies. They are crunchy on the outside, soft on the inside, and sprinkled with brown sugar and cinnamon. 

Have you heard of the Cookie Monster? Well in my family, that Cookie Monster is my father! Whenever my grandmother or my mother bakes cookies, for me it is like an ongoing mission to protect the cookies from the monster. 
In the middle of the night when most people are asleep, my father is out hunting for those cookies. It is my job to keep the cookies safe and hidden. 

Have you ever put out a jar of cookies and noticed
later that some of them have gone missing? Well, I suspect there might be a Secret Cookie Society and they gather all the delicious cookies they can find. Their number one rule is that cookies taste best eaten fresh. Take it from the pros. And now you ask me, how do I know? ;-) That is a secret. The strenuous responsibility for ensuring the safety of my cookies makes those cookies all the more memorable and special.

Freshly baked cookies are magical because they sooth the soul, warm the heart, and of course, fill the belly!

No comments:

Post a Comment